Friday, March 30, 2018

My last day in Egypt

 My last day in Egypt was nice. I had no real responsibilities anymore and just got to have some fun with Miss Mona the department head and Ms. Nourhan, the English teacher who is coming to visit us next week. They wanted me to help them choose books to help them improve their English program including AP.  At home this would  mean looking through a catalog and getting for approvals done. Apparently the approvals has been done ahead of time and shopping for a boooks Cairo means going to the English language bookstore by bus.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but everything in Cairo is a forty minute to one hour drive away, so after we chit chatted a while it was nap time. Shopping was fun. It's not common for me to going to the bookstore and buy 10 or 15 books. They even chose An Egyptian author for me to read. Here is his bio https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naguib_Mahfouz.

Here is a picture of Ms. Nourhan, Ms Mona and I at the bookstore.


 And just for fun here's a picture of two little guys that wrote the bus with me the one with the curly hair is the one that fell asleep  on my shoulder the first day. I just think they're adorable.



 After school Miss Mona took me to one of the malls to have Indian food. It was delicious. I was also able to maintain good at status and get something for my two nephews. On the drive home it started to get stormy, not raining, but windy and super hazy. So it turns out it was a sandstorm.

My flight was at 1 AM and Mr. Mohammed the driver was going to pick me up at nine. He didn't say, but I guess because of the storm he came in at eight. Well I  scrambled to get ready and we left for the airport. At that moment after I got out of the car for the airport I realized this was a full fledged sandstorm. I have no picture to capture it, but you'll just have to trust me when I when I say I took my scarf and wrapped it around my nose and mouth just like Indiana Jones. Since the airport doors were open sand was getting all worked up inside. Because I was so early I couldn't go to the gate yet. So I just sat with my scarf over my mouth people watching and having a brief moment of wishing I could teleport myself home.  It passed.  Now it's just a good story.

Well the flight was a little late, but not too bad. I guess they know what to do when that happens.

My route was Cairo-Dubai-19 hours in Dubai and now I'm waiting for my flight to Fort Lauderdale.

Next post about 19 Epic Hours in Dubai.

No comments:

Post a Comment