Sunday, March 25, 2018

Back to the Pyramids and something new

Saturday Ramez picked me up again and we went to the Pyramids. I had been before but it was January of 2000; eighteen crazy years ago. I was happy to go back. We had a tour translated by Ramez. I didn’t do the camel ride again, once is enough but I did get some fun, cheesy pictures. I think they’re a riot. You get a sample of two, not the 20 I have. 

COME ON!! This one is awesome. I have at n even better one, but I'm going to make you wait. 

Ok... one more.
After the Pyramids it was off to Coptic Cairo. Here is a little Wiki run down.

Coptic Cairo is a part of Old Cairo which encompasses the Babylon Fortress, the Coptic Museum, the Hanging Church, the Greek Church of St. George and many other Coptic churches and historical sites. It is believed in Christian tradition that the Holy Family visited this area and stayed at the site of Saints Sergius and Bacchus Church (Abu Serga).[1] Coptic Cairo was a stronghold for Christianity in Egypt until the Islamic era, though most of the current buildings of the churches in Coptic Cairo were built after the Muslim conquest of Egypt in the 7th century.[2]

Another really awesome, small, walled area of town. Tiny little churches with lots of relics. Roman ruins, under Islamic and modern. 

Finally it was meal time. Ramez, (who PS will be in school next week) suggested I try Egyptian street food, in a mall. The highlight was koshari.  Basically  everything yummy in a bowl.  It's rice, macaroni, lentils, garlic and tomato sauce..  Honestly, what's  not to like.  Here it is.


Ok. As much fun as the weekend has been,I am here for school.  After all this touring I was whisked to school for a French Festival. The festival consisted of New Generation students performing songs and dances from different regions of Egypt. This guy was mesmerizing. 


I'm finishing this on Sunday, a school day, tomorrow I'll write about my school experiences.  Good night!

1 comment: